Uncanny Avengers #18.NOW Deadpool Variant By Rob Guillory
'Sir Cisarro' whom you reblogged from handsomedogs last week is so gorgeous! Can you break down some coat & color genetics on him?
Cisarro is definitely striking, and he hasn’t got anything mysterious going on so this will be a snap, but I won’t be going in-depth or writing out formulas.
- Saddle tan: This is the black blanket covering most of the dog’s body. Saddle tan starts as a Rottweiler pattern where the black progressively recedes, giving way to more and more tan in a German Shepherd pattern. As a recessive trait, he inherited it from both parents.
- Black Mask: This is the shading around his muzzle and eyes - if you zoom in, you can see that the black of his mask overlaps his red eyebrow marks. This is a dominant trait that only needs one gene to be expressed.
- Brindle: The striped/heathered brindle pattern covers his entire body, but is only visible on the red base of his tan points. Brindle is unable to be expressed over black for obvious reasons and is obliterated by pure red - it often lurks behind the red or black of retrievers, for example.
- Urajiro: His tan points are moderately pigmented, though they appear paler than they are due to the whitening effect of urajiro, the Shiba Inu’s famous marking.
- Residual white or low piebald: The white spot on his throat may or may not have a genetic basis - it may be just a fluke that the pigment fails to completely cover the dog (residual white). A single copy of piebald white spreads from the same spots that residual white leaves.
Nice things, ahhh D:?
I occasionally have the desire and patience to dig deep in the bowels of the internet for pictures of individual animals with the tiniest bit of variation to compare/contrast them against others of their species for my side blog, which I think is cool?
NO, YOU. I LOVE YOUR BLOG, IT’S PERFECT, SO THERE.
Thank you! I do love me some animals, and horses are pretty rad! I’m not an official horse person (I know a ton of horse people though!), but that doesn’t stop me from appreciating the heck out of them/learning from osmosis c: . I doubt I’d ever get a horse, but mannnn I’d love a smoking hot blm mustang. Pretty colors and sturdy and cheap and I think the right size for me to plant my butt on, without the price tag and potential side effects of actual color breeding. But they are wild, so like, not for me, a horse noob. BUT I CAN DROOL AT THEM STILL?
Deaf Captain America is probably the best Captain America.
Danglin’ Pangolin. Photo by Stinkersmell
Hey that’s Baba, our pangolin ambassador!